Q: Do I repair the engine or timing chain?

My truck is old and has over 300,000 miles on it. I dont exactly know what is wrong with it but ive had alot of people tell me it was the timing chain. Im guessing it is. Idk. But i wanna know if it better to get a new engine, rebuild the engine or just fix the timing chain? Please let me know what you think. Thanks. :)

With this engine you have to remove the engine to do the timing chains for both heads. One chain is in front and other is in rear of engine. Since you have such high mileage on the engine already I would recommend replacing or overhauling the motor. It is more cost effective to replace motor with a remanufactured motor.