Q: Disconnected wire under driver's seat but no where to plug it in

The airbag indicator light won’t turn off in my car. A mechanic told me that it was a disconnected wire under the driver’s seat. Since I do a bit of auto repair myself, I went home, unscrewed the seat to see where the wire was. I found the wire, but absolutely no where to plug it in! After that I ran a search online regarding this problem and found that it seems to be a common problem for my make/model, but I could not find any information on where to plug in the wire! I will truly appreciate it if you can tell me how and where to plug in this wire?

A: If your vehicle was equipped with driver&#3...

If your vehicle was equipped with driver's and passenger side impact protection, then the connection would go to the seat inflaters built in them. If you have new seat covers or the seats were re-covered, then this wire should not be connected. Have the system tested to retrieve the code in the air bag computer and then diagnose the code.