Q: Driver's information center is going black.

My DIC went completley black today, several times, but no messages on the DIC, after stopping the vehicle for a quick run in to the store, the car did not start, in fact the key did not even turn on, but after about 10 minutes, the car did start and the message on the DIC was " first roll down drivers window and then roll back up" what's the deal? Please help

Hi there. There is an electrical short in the vehicle causing the Driver’s Information Center to malfunction. The instrument panel has the gel driver’s information center which can go out at times. If the vehicle was parked in the sun for too long, then the gel can distort and cause the system to cease to function. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you troubleshoot your driver’s information center on the dash.