Q: Delay in shifting, sudden jerk forward - 2015 Acura TLX

I have a very serious problem with the car, for which I went to the dealership but they don't know what the cause is. The car has an automatic transmission. When I accelerate for a stop, the car starts hesitating. This also happens when I shift form reverse into gear. The engine would start revving, but there is a hesitation and delay in transmission shifting to drive. Then, there would be a sudden slam into drive and a violent jerking forwards. The issue occurs unexpectedly and presents a danger. Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

Hi! "Unsafe to drive", are the words you may want to use when you bring it to the Acura dealer service department since it is still under the warranty. There have been some issues with the transmission on the Acura TLX (which the manufacturer is aware of) and Acura dealers current inability to fix it. If the service manager at the local dealer is unable to resolve the problems to your satisfaction you can ask him how to contact the regional service manager. Also, if you would like a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office and inspect your transmission as well as the slipping gears.