Q: Dave, I came back to work from lunch break and while attempting to park in the lot the lever wasn't going past reverse. Mitsubishi

Dave, I came back to work from lunch break and while attempting to park in the lot the lever wasn't going past reverse. I tried it a few times and it was still happening. I had to leave the key in the car and the gear in neutral.

Hello - it sounds like the shifter cable attachment to either the shifter or the transmission itself has loosened, or completely come apart. It is also possible that the cable liner has worn out, and there is enough loose motion in the cable for a complete shift back to Park. This will require at least a visual inspection of the shifter cable attachment at the shifter, or at the transmission itself, to determine where the loose motion originates. I recommend a shifter inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Dave, I came back to work from lunch break and while attempting to park in the lot the lever wasn't going past reverse. Mitsubishi