Q: Dashboard light not coming on

The dashboard light in my car is not working. In addition, sometimes the theft alarm sounds automatically.

Hello. Those are common issues many owners of your particular vehicle encounter. The malfunctioning of the dashboard is usually caused by a faulty dashboard relay. The taillight system is also wired into the same circuit as the dashboard lights, so possibly there is an "open" or "short" in the taillight circuit. The alarm malfunction is likely caused by a faulty door ajar sensor, or a faulty hood latch. Both are known to develop flaws overtime which cause the alarm system to believe it is being tampered with.

I recommend having your inoperative electrical components inspected by an experienced technician, such as the staff provided by YourMechanic.