Q: Dashboard havoc

My trucks dashboard with key out of ignition, the gauge needles jump around and sounds like a short in side the dash. While driving the gauges fail and goto zero and come back up to normal. The bell rings as if starting car, and the passenger air bag light goes on and off. The PRND321 light goes off and odometer as well. Sometimes the gauges will freeze where they are and no odometer and PRND321 for minutes up to hours. What could be the possible pro blem

This may be related to a short or a faulty instrument cluster voltage regulator. The instrument voltage regulator regulates the voltage supplied to the various gauges in your vehicle’s dash. When this is not working properly, this may cause the gauges in your dash to dim or flicker erratically or in some cases provide false readings. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your instrument voltage regulator.

3. Dashboard havoc