Q: dash brake light stays on

We've just had some ground wire issues repaired in the van. Now the dash brake light stays on.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The brake light will illuminate if the parking brake is on, or if the brake system is malfunctioning. The first thing to do is have the vehicle scanned to see if there are any diagnostic codes that have tripped. This is the most direct way to gather information on exactly what is malfunctioning. If you have low brake fluid, or another detectable issue with the system, it will show you here first. If no codes appear, you may have an issue with the parking brake light switch. Only further testing will tell. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.