Q: I have a 87 VW Scirocco w 32000 miles. I just replaced the water pump and did the timing belt.

asked by on February 02, 2017

all marks on crank and intermedeti line up cam is positioned with where to be reset distributor to number one on fire order plenty of fuel to fuel distrutor all cylinders have strong spark just wont start . It ran the day i started and now wont start . it turns over great ive checked all wires everything is dead nuts spot on im at a dead end and beating my head in the wall completely stumped ive also replaced radiator and all hoses but that shouldnt effect anything

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the timing between the camshaft and the crankshaft and make sure that they are in time properly. It is possible that the timing could be off when the timing belt was changed. The number 1 piston should be at top dead center with the valve train loose on the cylinder. This will indicate that the timing is correct. If the piston is at top dead center and the valves are tight, then the camshaft is not in time properly. If you need further assistance with timing your engine and a no start condition, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.