Q: Cylinder one makes no power even though it gets fuel and spark.

Hello, I have a 98 Saturn SL2 dohc, I am not making any power out of cylinder 1, Im getting spark, and getting fuel (I can tell by the mpg and the smell of fuel under medium to wot), my codes are throwing a p0300 and p0301, which is just misfire. I know its making no power since the motor sounds exactly the same whether the spark plug wire is plugged in or not. I have new spark plugs, coils, fuel injectors, and coil packs in. I have only a couple of possible ideas as to what the problem is, thank you

Hello, It sounds like you may have a faulty fuel injector at cylinder #1, a faulty crank sensor or potentially a vacuum leak. A bad crank sensor can easily cause misfiring and timing problems. I would suggest also checking connectivity at each of the fuel injectors, specifically at cylinder #1. You may also want to check the ignition control module to be sure it is relaying power to each of the coil packs. If you need further help with this, please reach out to us here at YourMechanic as we are always here to help.

3. Cylinder one makes no power even though it gets fuel and spark.