Q: crunching noise coming from front left hand side of vehicle that I can feel in the steering wheel

When I have driven my car for about thirty minutes I hear a loud crunching noise coming from the front left hand side of my vehicle. After the car has been not in use overnight the crunching noise is no longer apparent till I have driven the car for about thirty mins. The noise sounds like ball bearings getting crunched. Is there ball bearings inside the top of the struts or any parts of the suspension of the front left side wheel area

Hi there:

It really depends on what type of 1998 Ford you have, but in general, yes; there are individual components in the front suspension that could cause this type of noise to occur, ranging from steering stabilizer bushings to ball joints or CV joints being worn out and needing to be replaced. The best way to diagnose this issue is to contact a mobile mechanic and have them complete a car is making a noise inspection. It’s best to drive your car for about 20 minutes or so before the mechanic arrives so they can replicate the conditions.

3. crunching noise coming from front left hand side of vehicle that I can feel in the steering wheel