Q: Cracking/Squeaking sound when turning or braking

I bought a 2007 Jeep Liberty a month a go, and the car is lifted 3 inches with a new suspension kit installed by the previous owner. 2 weeks after driving it normally, a cracking squeaking sound started to appear whenever I make a full turn left and whenever I brake on slow speed like to stop before a pump or to park. The sound appears to me it's coming from the right front tyre side when I turn left but one mechanic told me it's from both front arms because of the lift kit. Is that normal with lifted jeeps? And is it dangerous to ignore it? Is there a solution but with keeping the lift kit because the liberty is hideous without a lift. Thanks in advance.

A: It is possible that you may have a ball joi...

It is possible that you may have a ball joint that has dried out or maybe did not quite have enough grease in it when the lift kit was installed. I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a qualified technician to use a mechanic's stethoscope on the ball joints to determine if the noise is coming from there. If the noise is ball joint related, I would recommend adding a couple pumps of grease from a grease gun into the joints. If the joints are not serviceable they would unfortunately require replacement. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can complete both the lubrication of the ball joints, and if need be, replace them.