Q: Cooling fan unresponsive and other electrical issues - 1995 Dodge Spirit

Lately, I've been experiencing some electrical issues with my car. Firstly, the cooling fan starts working only intermittently. It's unresponsive most of the time. Secondly, each time I use the headlights, the electrical components on the panel quit functioning. These include the odometer and speedometer among other features. Lastly, the turn signal on the left side stopped working. The bulbs are new but it still doesn't work. How can I fix these issues?

Hello. It sounds like you have an issue with a bad electrical connection. Most of the time, this occurs from either a bad connection at the battery or a bad negative battery connection. The negative connections at the body and frame come loose or become corroded and cause this. It will take some testing with a voltage meter to find the issue. If you want to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the electrical conditions and have this problem repaired.

3. Cooling fan unresponsive and other electrical issues - 1995 Dodge Spirit