Q: Coolant/radiator 2000 Volvo C70

Old radiator had small crack in it. But had no problems except replacing coolant frequently. Replaced radiator a week ago. Drove fine for a few days (about 300 miles). Then ran hot. I immediately pulled over before it got in the red. Coolant was coming from lid on reservoir. I replaced lid. It started sputtering while idling. As i pulled into driveway the hose going to thermostat busted. Replaced hose and thermostat. Bled the air out only way i know how. Its constantly losing coolant. Cant find where its leaking. No coolant in oil. No oil in coolant. Please help

Hello - Is there white smoke coming from the tailpipe, with a sweet smell? If so, you likely have a blown head gasket. When the radiator and hose were replaced, the cooling system may have still had air pockets inside the engine, and there was localized overheating. This over-pressurized the cooling system, forcing coolant out of the reservoir, and eventually causing a hose to burst. It could have also caused a blown head gasket. Check compression on all cylinders, and look for low cylinder pressure on 2 adjacent cylinders to confirm a blown headgasket. You can also test for combustion gases in the coolant as an additional confirmation. I recommend an leaking coolant inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Coolant/radiator 2000 Volvo C70