Q: compatible transmission from another vehicle to fit mine

I was wondering if a older jeep wrangler engine would work in my 98 dodge Durango

Hello. It would appear that Jeep Wranglers are only equipped with 4 or 6 cylinder engines. Your Durango comes equipped with a much larger (and more powerful) v8, which means those engines will likely not work correctly in that vehicle. It may be possible to install them, however it will likely be a custom job, as the two vehicle chassis are totally different. If you’d like a second opinion on this, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, assess the car firsthand and suggest what to do from there.