Q: Commercial vehicle died while running. no power to panel and no clicking. replaced battery with no changes.

the truck was parked and running and shut off. tried to jump it off another truck and nothing happened. Thought it might be the alternator so i put a new battery in just to get it back, but still no power to the panel or anywhere in the truck and no clicking when the key is turned. Any idea where i should start?

The procedures to diagnose a vehicle that is a no crank or no power condition would always start with the battery being tested. Make sure the battery is fully charged. Next, check each and every fuse in the fuse panel to see if any are blown. If one is blown then the circuit that the fuse powers would be diagnosed to see what blew the fuse. If no fuses are blown then I would remove the left scuff plate and unwrap the harness. Check a couple of the splices in the harness for any corrosion and repair them.

You may find that after removing the cover you can wiggle the harness and get power back to the vehicle. If this happens then you know you have a problem in the harness. A certified technician will be able to single out the problem and diagnose your starting issue if you need some assistance with this.

3. Commercial vehicle died while running. no power to panel and no clicking. replaced battery with no changes.