Q: will not drive in right gear only in neutral will it move.

asked by on October 29, 2016

i put car in drive it will not move, i put car in reverse it will not move, i put the car in neutral it will drive off, what is the problem?

Car does not shift from park to drive Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 1999 Honda Accord to only move forward in neutral. The most likely fault is the shift linkage is faulty or worn shift linkage bushings. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your shift linkage issues and make any repairs required to resolve the issues.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr