Q: Code p0037: Bank 1, Sensor 2 H02S Heater Control circuit signal had low voltage for a pre-determined period of time

asked by on October 02, 2016

Hey, Today I got check engine light, and 2 mins later the slip indicator sign also came on. The weather her in ohio has just been getting to cold for last couple of days. So the issue is what i described above something to do with oxygen sensor sending low voltage reading for long amount of time. (i went to auto-zone to read and determine the issue) So, my question was what might be actually wrong? Do i REALLY need to replace the oxygen sensor? or could there be a fuse or a wire got disconnected problem? I just wanted make sure before I got to a car fixer and have them charge me $80 just to connect two wires. thanks,

Oxygen Sensor Replacement $108.80 - $869.59 Get a Quote
Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If your oxygen sensor is reading low then it may be possible that it needs to be replaced. If there was a blown fuse or disconnected wire then there would be no signal at all. If the oxygen sensor is the original, it may be possible that it has worn out and just needs to be replaced. Before replacing it, however, I would carefully examine the sensor wiring and connector. If you need help with this repair, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the Check Engine Light and follow through with the proper repairs.