Q: Code reader indicates bcm not communicating

does it make sense to re-flash the program or do I need to buy a good bcm and flash the program into that one? VIN # is 5GZCZ23D13S851180.

Hello. The message you are receiving is displayed when the scan tool is unable to communicate with the vehicle’s body control module. Depending on the model of scan tool this could mean that it is unable to communicate with the vehicle’s body control module, or with any sort of computer. The cause of this can vary from incompatibility issues with the scan tool, to a faulty computer. If the vehicle is running then that indicates that the computer is indeed working, and that the issue may be something else. If it is not then it could be possible that the computer is bad, in which case it may have to be replaced, and if so, reflashed.

3. Code reader indicates bcm not communicating