Q: Clutch malfunctions

My clutch is malfunctioning after I replaced the clutch and assembled it to the flywheel. The transmission, adapter, and transfer case is assembled together. The pickup is on an incline, and I haven't been able to raise assembly into clutch.

I’m not sure if you are having a difficult time installing the transmission, or if the clutch has failed; I’m going to assume the former. Stabbing a manual transmission into the clutch/back of the engine can be very challenging. This situation is made even more difficult when the transfer case is attached. Make sure that you use the clutch alignment tool that came with the new clutch. This will ensure that the transmission input shaft slides in when it is lined-up properly. Other than that, you will just have to keep trying until you get the transmission lined-up in that sweet spot. If you have any further questions, I suggest you give YourMechanic a call to schedule an appointment for a diagnostic inspection of your clutch malfunction.

3. Clutch malfunctions