Q: Clutch doesn't come back up, 2001 Toyota Celica

My clutch has been sticking for a few days now. It's not bad when I move forward but whenever i reverse it does not want to come back up. I've bled the clutch and it had no effect. Is there anyway to fix this problem without replacing the whole thing

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2001 Toyota Celica. There are a few things that may cause this situation. If the transmission starts to slip, there may be a problem in the hydraulic part of the system like a failing master or slave cylinder.

If there are no signs of a leak and the master and slave cylinder test okay, the pressure plate on the clutch assembly is to blame. Weak or broken springs on the clutch pressure plate may also cause slipping. If you want to have this looked at, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the clutch and advise you on a repair.