Q: Dead battery first time out in below zero weather

Every year of my 2015 Huybdai Genesis' three-year lifetime, this car has left me out in the cold with a dead battery. After starting and running, then being parked outside about 5 to. 20 miles from home, the car will not start. I insisted on a new battery last winter after this happened for the second year; yesterday it died again. How can this be avoided? What other parts of the car should they be looking at?

Your vehicle battery may be prone to weak batteries when the temperature drops below zero. Have the battery and charging system checked to make sure battery is good and system is charging the battery good. I would then recommend checking to make sure nothing is draining the battery down overnight. You should carry a small battery jump box so you do not get stranded until you get the problem taken care of.

3. Dead battery first time out in below zero weather