Q: Clicking/knocking from front of vehicle at idle speed, severe vibration at driving speed

My vehicle makes a clicking/knocking sound when traveling at idle speed in both forward and reverse. The speed of the knocking increases as the vehicle speed increases. In addition, when traveling between 20-60 mph, the vehicle experiences intermittent violent shaking. The tires are new and have been balanced. There is a torn boot on the front-right CV axle/half shaft, which may be the source of the problem. Are there other possible causes?

3. Clicking/knocking from front of vehicle at idle speed, severe vibration at driving speed