Q: Clunking noise when coming to a sudden stop

There is a clunking noise coming from the front of my truck when I come to a complete stop. It doesn't do it when I brake softly and come to a slow stop. However, it does it when I brake normally or abruptly. It is becoming a great concern, as I am worried my transmission could be going out. I have recently changed a broken body mount, sway bar end links, and upper control arms.

Your transmission has relatively low miles and if used in normal service would not be the first suspect. There are a variety of suspension, as well as brake, drivetrain, and motor mount components, that could account for the noise. As you describe it, the noise is marked and obvious enough that if you request a front end inspection, the responding certified mechanic will quickly pinpoint the origin and get this resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Clunking noise when coming to a sudden stop