Q: My van loses power going uphill sputters like it's going to die I've changed my fuel filter and it has not helped

My van loses power going uphill sputters like it's going to die I've changed my fuel filter and that has not helped

Hello. If the vehicle only does this while going uphill and no other times then it is usually caused by a failing catalytic converter or a weak fuel pump. Both of these will cause this as well as a failure in one of the sensors.

I usually start by scanning the computer for codes to see if anything comes up. If not then I monitor the sensor readings and check the fuel trim readings to see if it is a sensor issue or a fuel system problem. If nothing comes up there then I check the converter.

If you are going to have this loss of power inspected, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this problem.

3. My van loses power going uphill sputters like it's going to die I've changed my fuel filter and it has not helped