Q: How do I jump start the battery in a 2012 Honda Accord?

How do I jump start the battery?

A: If the battery in your Accord is dead, you’...

If the battery in your Accord is dead, you’ll need a jump to get running once more (and then you’ll probably want to get the battery replaced, or at least have the charging system checked). To jump your battery, follow these steps:

1. Open the hood.

2. Make sure there’s no damage to the battery (if there is, don’t jump it).

3. Turn everything in the car off.

4. Connect the jumper cables in this order:

• Positive cable to positive battery terminal
    • Positive cable to positive terminal on the good battery
    • Negative cable to the negative terminal on the good battery
    • Negative cable to the engine mounting bolt. Note: If you have a V6, connect the negative cable to the engine hanger.
  5. If the good battery is in another car, make sure the engine is running.

6. Start your car.

7. If the starter seems slow, let it sit for a minute or two before trying again.

8. After the engine cranks, disconnect the jumper cables beginning with the negative cable on your engine.

Tips

• Never allow the positive and negative jumper cable ends to touch while they’re connected to a battery.

• Have your charging system inspected as soon as possible.