Car overheating, coolant in oil, coolant leaking external...

Car overheating, coolant in oil, coolant leaking external. Car won't turn over now Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses? I was thinking it was maybe the gaskets. Just not quite sure wh...

Car overheating, coolant in oil, coolant leaking external. Car won't turn over now Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses? I was thinking it was maybe the gaskets. Just not quite sure which ones to do. Would blown [head gaskets](/topics-head-gasket-chevy/) or intake manifold be the cause of this? Coolant in oil? I've also changed the [water pump](/topics-water-pump/) and thermostat twice, and flushed [radiator](/topics-radiator-chevy/) Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 04 impala 3.4 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes I am. Ive flushed radiator, replaced water pump and thermostat twice

Automotive Expert
Hi, my name is\*\*\*\*\*’ve been a technician on Just Answer since 2007 and I'll be helping you today. I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your vehicle. I know how inconvenient car trouble is, but together, we will get your vehicle back up and running quickly. It sounds like blown head gaskets. That will cause the oil and coolant mixing lie that. The best testing I find is a leak down test. You add compressed air to the cylinders, then see if you can hear the air leaking into the cooling system. This will mean that cylinder has a leak. If you are going to do head gaskets, you mights well do both at the same time so you don't have to take it apart a second time. Please let me know if there is more I can do to help.

I also have a p0108 code that shpwed, the car turnwd over before this. Found out it was a bad map sensor. So I changed it. Now the car won't turn. Any ideas of what I could be? Or is it not turning over due to the blown head gasket?
Automotive Expert
By turning over, do you mean start or the [engine](/topics-engine-chevy/) won't crank at all?
Automotive Expert
Ok, if there is too much coolant in the cylinders, then the engine won't even try to crank. If the engine is cranking and not starting, that's because the coolant doesn't burn. The MAP sensor has nothing to do with this.

Ok. So your advice is changing the head gaskets? And also, Thank you for your time and input.
Automotive Expert
It sounds like you have a bad head gasket so I would start there. If the engine won't crank when you turn the key, then take the plugs out and see if you can turn it by hand. Sometimes the coolant can cause damage to the bearings inside, if the engine is actually locked up, then there isn't any point in doing the head gaskets, you would want to put a used engine in it.

Ok. Thank you
Automotive Expert
You're welcome

Hey Mike, you helped me out earlier today about my 04 impala.I just had one more question about the engine being locked. If it were locked, it wouldn't really make but a kind of clicking sound, right?
Automotive Expert
Yes, you would probably just get a click from the starter is all.

Ok, because my car wants to start, it even has almost came on a time or Two.
Automotive Expert
ok, then it's not locked up, that's a good thing!

Would you recommend using a sealant? Ex. Steel seal?
Automotive Expert
I don't usually recommend it because it can cause more harm than good by plugging other coolant lines. If the car isn't running isn't not going to work either.

Ok. Thats all i needed to know. I greatly appreciate your time and advice.
Automotive Expert
You're very welcome.