My 2011 Tahoe was running fine and when i put it in drive...

My 2011 Tahoe was running fine and when i put it in drive the stabilitrack and traction control lights came on and it started running really rough while lurching forward and a decrease in power until eventually stauling . Waited a...

My 2011 Tahoe was running fine and when i put it in drive the stabilitrack and traction control lights came on and it started running really rough while lurching forward and a decrease in power until eventually stauling . Waited a few minutes and it started back up with a check [engine](/topics-engine-chevy/) light and a stabilitrack message with traction control light also . It idle's fine until i put it in gear . What would cause this out of the blue ? Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink? It stays on Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far? I unhooked the negative battery cable for 15 minutes and it ran enough to get it home , it died once on the way and i just waited 15 seconds and started it back up and made it the last 5 miles . It's idling good but the engine light is on Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? I haven't had any problems until this started yesterday . I may need a front wheel bearing from the groaning noise in the front and they're brand new all season tires

Automotive Expert
My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will be able to assist you. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Thank you for taking the time to let us help you out with this problem and hopefully we can sort it out quickly. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. There are many possible causes for this problem. It could be faulty wiring, ignition system fault, module fault, fuel system problem, engine sensor failure, etc. To determine the problem you would need to use a scan tool that can read engine data and record data so you can see what specifically is happening. Is the fuel trim off?, is the crankshaft sensor signal gone?, etc. This would be the only way to figure it out. Without testing I would suspect that you are losing fuel pressure either because of a bad fuel pump or a problem with the wiring/module fault. If the check engine light is on, that would help out a lot because it could identify a specific fault. You would need to have the computer scanned to get the trouble codes stored in the module. If you can give me these codes, I would be able to pinpoint a specific cause for this problem. My goal is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. If I’m not online at the time, I will respond ASAP when I get back. You can ask unlimited questions to any of the 12,000 Experts! From doctors, lawyers, tech support, contractors, tutors, auto and boat mechanics, appliance technicians, veterinarians, accountants, appraisers, psychologists, engineers, heavy machinery masters, dream interpreters, and more, we've got you covered, 24/7.

I don't have a scanner but my buddy does and I'll let you know the codes when i get them but I'm not sure i understand why it would be a fuel issue that would make the traction control and stabilitrack messages to come up on the message board ?Not sure i understand why the fuel pressure would effect the stabilitrack and traction control though ?

I've read online that a lot of people have had these same problems with GM vehicles and they end up bringing it to a dealership several times and lots of money to have the problem return after a few weeks . I don't want to do that nor can i afford to do that
Automotive Expert
The stabilitrac light will have a specific code we can look up.

AutoDoc1 i had the code scan done and came up with a P2135 , P2119 and a P0121 codes . I've read that the P2135 code is a throttle position sensor and is a very common problem for the 2011 Tahoe and also read that it can effect shifting which I've noticed when driving around 30 - 40 MPH the Tahoe tends to shift into higher gears causing a bogging feel until you give it more gas and it shifts down to a lower gear then pops right back into the higher bogging gear . Do you think this could be the result of a bad or failing T.P.S. ?P.S. none of the traction control or stabilitrack codes came up on the scan which I'm assuming is good news ?
Automotive Expert
Yes these codes are all for the throttle body and it is a very common problem. I would check the throttle body to make sure it's clean. If it's dirty then clean it and that should take care of it. When they get really dirty they will stick and not open/close properly. Also make sure the electrical connector on the throttle body is clean and tight. If it's clean and you still have the problem you'll have to replace the throttle body.

Would that effect the shifting into higher gears while at 30 - 35 MPH ?
Automotive Expert
Yes it would.