Q: Check engine light came on. Had it checked and it was a right wheel speed sensor. Showed code error. Is this a serious problem?

Check engine light came on. Had it checked and it was a right wheel speed sensor. Showed code error. Is this a serious problem?

Hi, thanks for writing in. With a failed wheel speed sensor, your anti-lock brakes, traction control and/or stability control systems will not function properly. These systems rely on wheel speed sensors to determine when and if braking needs to be applied to a specific wheel. If you’d like help with this replacement, one of our mechanics can come to your home or office to perform the replacement.

3. Check engine light came on. Had it checked and it was a right wheel speed sensor. Showed code error. Is this a serious problem?