Q: Check engine light came on. Had it checked and it was a right wheel speed sensor. Showed code error. Is this a serious problem?

asked by on October 07, 2016

Check engine light came on. Had it checked and it was a right wheel speed sensor. Showed code error. Is this a serious problem?

Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement $103.84 - $582.33 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. With a failed wheel speed sensor, your anti-lock brakes, traction control and/or stability control systems will not function properly. These systems rely on wheel speed sensors to determine when and if braking needs to be applied to a specific wheel. If you’d like help with this replacement, one of our mechanics can come to your home or office to perform the replacement.