Q: Check engine light

asked by on September 26, 2016

Random misfire in codes, replaced plugs, can't get check engine light to go off any suggestions?

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for your question. I’d be happy to help. A [misfire can be caused by a variety of things other than bad spark plugs such as bad plug wires, vacuum leak, dirty fuel injectors, a weak fuel pump (low fuel pressure) or a faulty fuel pressure regulator or weak ignition coil to name a few others. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose using a scan tool to be sure there are not more codes indicating other components that need to be repaired.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr