Q: Car will not start - 2010 Mercedes E550

All interior lights, radio, etc work fine. Tried to give the car a jump and car still did not start. when the key is turned the car is silent. could this have some to do with the anti thief system or stater relay fuse?

A: Hi there. The job of the starter relay and ...

Hi there. The job of the starter relay and the fuse that supplies power to it, is to activate the starter motor to spin when the ignition circuit has been activated. Since you’ve hooked up a battery (by attempting to jump start the vehicle), I’d agree that the starter relay or the fuse may be damaged. Replacing a starter solenoid can be complex (especially for a 2010 E-550 MB) so if you need help with that, get in touch with a local expert, like one from YourMechanic.