Q: Charging System indicator light is on

asked by on February 04, 2016

The Charging System indicator light is on in my car.

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If the charging light is on while the engine is running then that is almost always an indicator of a failing alternator. You should start by checking the connections at the battery to see if they are clean and tight. Corrosion on the battery terminals or any looseness can cause this to occur. If nothing is found there then a I would typically do a load test on the battery and the alternator to see which one is failing. If this is something that you cannot do, I would have a certified mechanic inspect your vehicle’s battery for you to determine what has gone wrong.