Q: What can make loud whining/whistling noise and hesitation when accelerating to higher speeds?

When taking off,it stArts off a little sluggish.but while accelerating when it climbs to about 4000 rpms and goes to shift it stArts screeching and whistling until.it shifts then stops.but still feels sluggish.

I would recommend checking the timing belt tension. Also, check other pulleys, tensioners, etc. If everything seems to be tight as necessary, try some belt dressing on these belts.

I’d suggest having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, check out this vehicle. They’ll be able to diagnose your sluggish driving symptoms firsthand and suggest an accurate repair from there. Best of luck!

3. What can make loud whining/whistling noise and hesitation when accelerating to higher speeds?