Q: Car wouldn't start

No dashboard lights and no click or crank on turning the key. On jump start car starts very hesitantly and dies off as soon as i remove the jumper cable. Problem started all of a sudden this morning. Car ran smooth and fine till yesterday. What could be the problem?

Based on the information you provided, it seems like your alternator is bad. Your battery is used to start the vehicle, then the alternator takes over, providing the power needed to operate the vehicle. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic.com, will be able to test and verify the exact cause of your issue, and complete any necessary alternator repairs.