Q: Car wont start now

Was told distributor cap was causing car to shutter my a mechanic so i changed it and the plugs. The car was running and now i get no spark please help whay could it be or did i do something wrong.

The distributor assembly on these engines are known to go bad and cause no spark or loss of spark intermittently. The distributor will leak oil into itself and short the sensors and coil. You can either replace the entire distributor or totally rebuild yours with new parts and seals. The most inexpensive way is to replace it and reset the timing. I just replaced one on my kids Honda for the same reason. If you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose your starting issue and make the necessary repairs to your car.