Q: Hood won't open or close

asked by on July 12, 2017

Popped my hood, when I stick my hand underneath to push the lever and pull the hood up, it is NOT opening. I am unable to close it either. It remains popped but not open, the hood cracked about an inch.

Update: today I am able to shut it!! I tried moving the hood left to right (not sure if it did anything), then it closed fully. It now consistently pops and closes but won't open/

Trunk Latch Adjustment $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

There is a fault with the latch and/or the cable actuator. Hood misalignment, if severe, can cause this issue as well. The whole latch assembly and mechanism should be inspected for damage, cleaned and lubricated to resolve this. If you desire that service, you can schedule it by using YourMechanic’s trunk/hood latch service page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr