Q: 2013 dodge avenger overheating while idle

I have a 2013 dodge avenger and it is overheating while being idle and also car makes clicking noise after the car has started.

Hi Alex. There are several things that can cause overheating, ranging from obstruction of debris in the coolant system or heater core, a failed water pump, thermostat, radiator fan or simply old coolant that is not properly mixed. The clicking noise while running is often an indication of low oil levels, and comes from the cylinder head hardware that does not have enough lubrication. In fact, the lack of oil can cause overheating as well. I’d recommend getting your oil changed and have the coolant flushed for starters. It’s also a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location to determine what is causing your overheating issue, so the right repairs can be made.