Q: Car won't start off and on

Every so often the car will not start. It won't make any noise like it's trying to crank. Replaced starter, got brand new keys, and replaced ignition starter switch. Only thing left to change is the lock cylinder and or there's a short in the wires somewhere. It's gotta be an issue such as this bc it will start sometimes and then it won't. And now when it decides it wants to start I have to jump the battery but the battery is good, trying to start it just drains it. The lock cylinder is $160 for my car, I just want to know if I should change it or if it might be something else. It is very frustrating playing trial and error bc when it was in the shop the mechanics 'couldn't' figure it out.

You may have a connection issue at one or more of the control modules. The connections are very susceptible to loss of connection due to corrosion or connections coming loose. Make sure to disconnect the battery, clean the terminals, and leave it disconnected. Next, disconnect the body control module and engine control modules. Apply dielectric lube lightly to each pin and seal then reinstall the connectors making sure they seat firmly. Reconnect the battery and then see if vehicle starts.

If you need some assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to the vehicles location to diagnose your starting issue and fix it accordingly.

3. Car won't start off and on