Q: Car won't start, error message on. 2011 BMW 335 xDrive

Recently, the error message came on in my car, indicating that measuring the level of engine oil is not possible as long as the ignition is off. However, I cannot start the car. All electrical component are working properly including the car computer and lights. What should I do?

A: Hello. I would suggest that you have the el...

Hello. I would suggest that you have the electric system inspected for proper voltage. It may also be necessary to have the car’s computer checked for any diagnostic trouble codes or errors that may have been stored, which could cause this problem. There are many different possibilities in the charging/starting system that may be causing the vehicle not to start. To have these addressed, consider using YourMechanic, as a certified technician will be able to inspect the starting issue firsthand and assist with any needed repairs.