Q: Car won't start.

I was recently having problems with getting my vehicle to start. When driving felt as though the car was getting gas. Was told that it was the fuel pump and had that repaired yesterday. When he was done it started up with ease. Went home and later on in the evening I go out and try to start it and it would not turn over. After about ten minutes of trying it started up with a little tap of the gas. Mechanic now tells me that it's possibly the starter or Ignition. In the last 6 months I have had to replace the water pump and and timing belt, the Ignition control module and now the fuel pump and possibly the starter....

PLEASE HELP

FROM A GUY THAT LOVES HIS CAR

As cars age, it’s not unusual to see multiple failures, and consequent repairs, and even two failures at one time. That’s just the nature of rather complex technologies. So, apparently you did get one issue resolved, with regard to the fuel pump, but an additional problem remains, or newly developed. If the starter motor does not engage the flywheel and turn the engine over, there is something amiss in the starter circuit. That circuit would potentially include the starter motor itself and the key switch (ignition switch) because the latter is just part of the circuit. YourMechanic can perform a [no-start diagnostic] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection) to identify and resolve the issue. If, on the other hand, the starter motor is turning the engine over at sufficient RPM but the engine fails to "run", clearly there is an issue in the ignition, fuel system, and/or the air induction system. YourMechanic can address that as well during a hard starting diagnostic. Simply let us know if you would like to schedule a mobile diagnostic.

3. Car won't start.