Q: My engine is smoking white smoke

When I turn my engine over after a few minutes it is starting to puff out white smoke. If I open the throttle a little bit it seems to smoke a little bit more. I thought it might be a coolant leak but I can't seem to figure out the problem. The smoke looks like it's coming out from the front of the engine maybe near the headers but I'm not positive.

A: From what you've described, it sounds l...

From what you've described, it sounds like you have a head gasket leaking into the engine cylinder and then out of the exhaust. I recommend having a compression test done to confirm this and see where exactly the leak is. A coolant pressure test may also be necessary to pinpoint what exactly is leaking.

If you need assistance with these checks, feel free to contact a certified technician who can perform the necessary tests to diagnose the source of the smoke. An accurate repair can then be made once the problem has been pinpointed. Good luck.