Q: Car won't start after returning from winter break.

From about October 2016 to now, my car has had pretty bad battery problems. Just the usual stuff, car won't turn over roughly 2-3 times a week if I haven't used it that much. Used to be dome lights would stay on, and removed the fuse that led to the dome lights and problems mostly stopped, but it also took out the radio and it was a pain to keep taking it out and back in whenever I used the car. But, the dome lights and radio eventually stopped staying on in the car for whatever reason, but the battery problems persisted. Eventually went to a mechanic for help before winter break, but he said there was no issue with the battery or the alternator. Although confused, I said OK, and left for winter break. Upon returning about a month later, car doesn't turn over and barely has a whimper. Just barely clicks. There was some pretty major cold while I was gone, could that be it? Should I jump it once and see if it returns to normal? Or do I have a solenoid issue or something more serious?

I would first recommend having the vehicle jump started or the battery recharged. Once it is running you may need to run it for an hour to fully recharge the battery back up if it will take charge. If after that it will not start the vehicle or the next morning is dead again then you may need to replace the battery. If the vehicle sat for over 2 months the body control module staying energized will kill the battery. You should have it checked.