Q: Car won't start after putting in brand new fuel pump!

Hello my name is Chelsey. My husband and I recently replaced our fuel pump and now that we have a brand new fuel pump we drove it around the block everything was fine and then we get it back home and it will not start back up after we shut it off. I can stick the key in and it'll "ding ding" but trying to turn it over and it does NOTHING. If anyone has any thoughts or answers I would be so grateful thank you!

My car has 196,000 miles.

If you are losing all power when you turn the key you should check the battery connections to see if they are making contact to battery or battery is low on charge. If you have activated the theft system and theft light is on when key is in on position then you may need the theft system reactivated by the dealer, mechanic or locksmith with key programming capabilities.

3. Car won't start after putting in brand new fuel pump!