Q: Car won't start after flooring accelerator while going 75 MPH.

I was driving at 75 MPH when I floored the accelerator. The RPM shot up to just under the maximum and then went back down to 2000 RPM. The car accelerated up to 80 MPH and then lost power as a clicking/flapping sound developed under the hood. After having my car towed, it would not start, and is completely dead. What's wrong with my car?

Your Dodge Stratus sounds as if it may be experiencing a serious problem. The initial symptom of the RPMs jumping from maximum to 2000 RPMS, appears to reveal that your transmission has slipped out of gear. The maxing out of the RPMs may have damaged or broken the timing chain, which would explain the loss of power and the clicking/flapping sound. I specifically mention the timing chain for this particular vehicle because it is unfortunately somewhat of a common failure found in the Dodge Stratus. This kind of inspection and repair is best left to a certified mechanic to properly diagnose. They will have the knowledge and tools to go over the vehicle and find out exactly what is keeping your vehicle from starting.