Q: Car won't start - 2002 Ford Focus

2002 focus zx3 Won't start (it did once today) Battery ok (15+ volt) New starter New fuel pump fuse New fuel pump relay No sound from fuel pump but it has sound from relay Press inertia switch but won't work

Any idea?

A: Hello. When it comes to replacement parts, ...

Hello. When it comes to replacement parts, new doesn't always mean good. I would check the fuel pressure and spark to the plugs. Then, I would work backwards from there: there could be a clogged fuel filter, failed coil, bad fuel pump, fuel injector issue, or any number of possible causes for a vehicle not to start. As long as the battery has good voltage, and the vehicle cranks properly, its just a process of elimination on the other items. If you need further help, a certified professional from YourMechanic can pinpoint the cause of the no-start and follow through with needed repairs.