Q: Car won't go into gear. 2002 Audi A4 Quattro

My car suddenly wasn't able to let me shift in to gear when I was driving . When the car is off I can easily put it in to any gear. The only only way I can get it to move is to put the car in gear (1st) when it's off and start it, after struggling a bit it will take off. But ones I get out of the gear I am unable to put it in any other gear.

My clutch pedal kind of feels ligher. It's almost like the car is in gear and pressing the clutch doesn't disengage the gear that it's currently in.

Hi there - Your symptoms describe the behavior to expect when your clutch hydraulics go out (clutch master and clutch slave cylinders). Check your clutch fluid level - it may be low. If the fluid level is low, this usually means your clutch slave cylinder has worn out, not unusual with your mileage, and should be replaced. I recommend a malfunctioning clutch inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.