Q: Car won't drive over 35 mph

My car won't drive over 35 mph in all five speeds.

Hi there! Judging by the symptoms, it sounds like the issue may stem from either air metering and fuel delivery, or a badly stretched throttle cable:

Over time, the cable that connects the throttle cable to the throttle body can become stretched, resulting in less throttle plate movement when the pedal is applied. With a smaller opening, the engine cannot take in enough air to meet the power demand to move the vehicle faster.

I would suggest having an experienced mechanic, like the ones at YourMechanic, run a diagnostic designed to address acceleration issues, then recommend any necessary repairs.

3. Car won't drive over 35 mph