Q: Car won't drive over 35 mph

My car won't drive over 35 mph in all five speeds.

A: Hi there! Judging by the symptoms, it sound...

Hi there! Judging by the symptoms, it sounds like the issue may stem from either air metering and fuel delivery, or a badly stretched throttle cable:

Over time, the cable that connects the throttle cable to the throttle body can become stretched, resulting in less throttle plate movement when the pedal is applied. With a smaller opening, the engine cannot take in enough air to meet the power demand to move the vehicle faster.

I would suggest having an experienced mechanic, like the ones at YourMechanic, run a diagnostic designed to address acceleration issues, then recommend any necessary repairs.