Q: Car will not start, unless I move the battery cables. Replaced the terminals already.

When i try to turn the car on, nothing occurs. Then i open the hood & just move the terminal or the cables that connect to the battery & it turns on. I replaced the terminal & thought it would work but the same issue happens. I just move the cables that connect to the terminal & the battery & it turns on. What could the problem be the cables? Or something else please help.

If you can move the battery cables around to get your vehicle to start, the battery cables are likely the cause of the problem. Many times, older vehicles can get corrosion on metal parts. It is possible that the battery cables you have are either burned or filled with corrosion. I would recommend replacing all the cables that go from the battery and the vehicle should start right up. If you are in doubt about conducting this repair yourself, I would recommend having a professional, like one from YourMechanic, replace the battery cables for you.

3. Car will not start, unless I move the battery cables. Replaced the terminals already.