Q: Car will not start

Arrived home the other night low on gas but not out. Went to start the car in the morning and it would crank but wouldn't turn over. Dash and head lights wouldn't come on until I hooked it up to another car to try to jump it. Gas gauge has been stuck on the "F" for full and hasn't moved. I put a gallon of gas in it and tried to jump it again but it's just doing the same thing, cranking but not turning over and starting.

Hi there:

It’s possible that you have a damaged fuel pump, fuel pump relay or obstruction in the fuel delivery system that is causing the no starting issue for your 1999 Monte Carlo. However, it could also be an issue with the EGR valve, EVAP solenoid (based on your fuel tank indicator showing full) mass air flow sensor, or ignition system components that are the source. Due to the multiple possible component failures, you might want to have a mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection so they can pinpoint the source of your issues and recommend the right repairs.

3. Car will not start