Q: Car will not move in any gear.

I was driving felt no problem in the clutch or anything. Than when I came up to a stop sign I tried stopping and the clutch was non existent and stuck to the floor I pulled it up with my foot and it kinda worked but really really soft. I was 15 minutes from home so I decided to just keep driving then when I came to a stop I made my turn and a little after the turn it was like the clutch was partially touch ing becuase I was barely moving if I kept it around 2500-3000 rpm but any higher it slowed down then it stopped moving in general.

It sounds like your clutch has just given up. You may have had some breakage of the large diaphragm spring of the pressure plate or a larger piece of lining material might have separated from the disk. But something big happened, because a clutch that is simply worn out still has a working pedal. There is one other possibility in which there was a failure in the master cylinder that did not allow fluid to drain back after the clutch pedal was released. Eventually the slave cylinder pumps its way right out of the housing and jams the clutch in a fully released position. If this is the case, replacement of the clutch hydraulic components may be all that you need. This is good news if you have an early version that has an external slave cylinder. This version is easily replaced. The later versions have a slave cylinder that encircles the transmission input shaft and replacement still requires removal of the transmission. Either way, it would be a good idea to have an experienced professional take a look to keep you from buying something you don’t need. If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a technician right to your home to check out your clutch and tell you what you need to do.

Hi there. The clutch pedal staying on the floor could be the result of, a sticking clutch master cylinder and/or sticking clutch slave cylinder. The vehicle barely moving is most likely, the clutch staying disengaged due to the sticking master cylinder and/or slave cylinder. I recommend having your vehicle’s inoperative clutch be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.